Compiling the Man Food project literature review is something of an ongoing process. We’re looking at everything from more-than-human geographies, to eco feminism, public health, climate science and nutrition. Questions we’re asking include:
- How has gender and environmental concern been discussed, and researched in existing literature?
- How might we situate knowledges and practices around food and environment in a postcolonial context?
- How has ecological citizenship literature engaged with gender/race/food?
- How might we do biological / social gender within materialist framework?
- How might we define material masculinities?
- How might we define eco masculinities?
- How do we overcome the binarisation of men and women in this research?
- How might caring masculinities relate to food and to environment?
- What specific work has been done, and needs to be done, around men’s protein practices?